Thursday, September 23, 2004

Faithful friend.


Faithful friend.JPG
Originally uploaded by shodoboy.

This is my old faithful SLR, an Olympus OM 10 here fitted with a 35-150 mm Zoom lens. Yum.

However, when Dad visited me recently in Japan I borrowed his digital camera, also an Olympus and have converted. He kindly gave me the digital Olympus.

But you know the grass is always greener. I did some window shopping today and decided that I'm pretty fussy when it comes to cameras (and probably everything else as well). So here goes,

My perfect digital camera:

1. Makes me feel like David Bailey when I hold it.
2. Or Cartier Bresson.
3. Or both.
4. Is small enough to slip into your pocket for a party.
5. However, is big and professional enough to look like you regularly "get out and do some serious photography"
6. Is the perfect size (as yet undefined) and looks good. Makes me look 'artistic' when I hold/am near it.
7. Looks like an SLR.
8. Has that "I've been used on the top of the Himalayan mountains, was dropped but made it back" look.
9. Is black.
10.Is retro black.

The challenge is on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

;