Monday, September 27, 2004

"The cheers to this idea" sessions. volume 1


The cheers to sessions. volume 1
Originally uploaded by shodoboy.
There are times when living in Japan can be frustrating, however, there are also plenty of really good things about the place too.The cheers to this idea sessions will mean something good that I've noticed or just think or feel about anything or anybody.

So, let's kick this one off by saying that I love the service in Japan right down from the way the 7 11 attendants gather the plastic bag handles together for you to grasp when leaving the shop to the anal efficiency of the train systems in this country.

Let's contrast this with a trip I had to NYC. (If you're American - hard cheese) I was on the west 23rd street badly in need of a toothbrush, (don't ask) and wandered into a chemist (pharmacy) to buy one. I joined the queue of about 20 people and noticed that there were 2 cashiers, one of whom was doing absolutely JACK SHIT except talk to somebody about her love life on her mobile phone. The entire line must have been eyeballing her as if to say 'Would you please get off your fat arse and serve somebody'

Anyway, she finally did, taking her time to walk to the nearest cash register (breaking a sweat doing so) and proceeded to nonchalently serve while continuing her phone conversation.

Wow. I wish I'd had my camera with me.

Anyway, being abroad (ie not in Japan) makes me realise so many good things about this place.


1 Comments:

Blogger dulce_tzucurash said...

i'm curious... what could be frustrating about life in Japan? you don't seem to put any of your frustrations in this blog...

Cristiana

29 September 2004 at 04:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home

;